A blog? Hmmm what should I name it? I’m going to call it “Trinidad Mogulista” why Mogulista? Because in my mind I am a Mogul, and I have lunch with Beyonce on the weekends. I remember talking to my sister about all the celebrities I would have as friends if I was a celebrity, I would be friends with T.I. and Yonce, maybe Kim just for Zy to play with North and to say North come down South (in my Trini accent). Lol….
But Seriously, why Mogulista? Because I am a Mogul, I think Mogul thoughts and have Mogul plans. So the question was never why, but how am I going to translate this lifestyle to you guys.
And I did just that, I wrote to you my peeps and gave you some insight into my life as an entrepreneur. What I haven’t done is keep it one hundid. This is HARD AS FUCK! Like seriously, I have thought about giving up sooooo many times, I have cried a lot in 2016, I probably could have washed my car three times with the tears….
I haven’t figured out a structure or a “groove” for writing, how to get graphics that convert, how to get people to share my stuff. But let’s not dwell on the negative. I have definitely learned a WHOLE lot!
The five things that I have learned about blogging and business in 2016!
- That blogging requires A LOT of work, let me break in down. You have to create the post, get the graphics that transcend your idea, send the blog post to your editor (shout out to my girl Nyoki, who has a great blog herself), you have to search keywords that WORK something I got from the Brandon and the Blog Millionaire, you have to post the blog, then comes the hard part, promote that bitch like 33 and 1/3 times recurring, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, Whatsapp (yeah I’m that girl). Then Rinse and Repeat! Every week! I’m out of breath…. Huffing and Puffing already.
2. People come into your life for a reason, want to know the reason? Start a business, lol. I have lost two main friends this
year and that hurt like a BEEEEEEEYATCH,
My family thinks … well let’s not say, but I was listening to my next BFF Myleik, my friends are LITT, I know, I know, my girl Myleik Teele, said in her podcast, just let your friends be your friends! They are not supposed to be your business coach or business mentor, that’s not the role they started out as, like just let them do the random three am phone calls for cheesecake and let it go. I learned that only you know your vision.
You can listen to that podcast here : http://www.mytaughtyou.com/20/my-podcast.ht
3. Girl, I am not superwoman, or batgirl or Claire Huxtable. I need help! I could not have done half of these things outlined in number one without my TEAM, to my designer and friend Tiff baby gir l, we’re going to the top, to my cheerleaders who always like my posts and share them, I appreciate you (DJ Khaled voice). Trinidad Mogulista has gotten so much help throughout this year that I cannot wait to see how this journey turns out next year.
4. Priorities are ALWAYS in effect, girl I have a strict schedule, like my mom asked one day, you have to wash your car on a Saturday morning? Ammm yeah, because Sundays are the days I intend to write and once these things get topsy turvy, I get zero subscribers and I get zero views and that hurts my feelings. So my schedule has a schedule and I stick to this like you and Insta (you know you love Insta, can you imagine going live from your page soon? Like EEEK).
5. The last thing that I have learned from Blogging is that you have to be willing to learn, to recognize that you are not Albert Einstein and that your business does not have six figures as yet. You have to sit down and actually learn about your readers, what THEY WANT and what they DO NOT want. You have to get the thick skin and feedback that hey, you are not the best (YET) and take it from there. These learning curves are all here to help you grow! So don’t roll up in a ball but get in the game and WIN!
I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you, for reading and giving me the feedback needed to grow my brand. I am eternally grateful.
Did you know it’s Caribbean Bloggers week? This will be posted on the last day but shout out to Silicon Caribe for their awesome WORK!
Any more suggestions? Feel free to send me an email and if you haven’t followed me on Gram-Lam just yet, its ok, you won’t be placed in Gram Jail, I’m right here :
So do it!
With love and hustle